Position: Call Center Agent
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Schedule appointments for patients.
• Answer telephone promptly and in a polite and professional manner.
• Obtain and enter accurate demographic information into eCW (address, telephone number, name of insurance or self-pay status).
• Schedule appointment correctly - review appointment date, time, location, and provider name with caller.
• Inform caller of items to bring to appointment (including insurance card, medications, office visit fee, and verification of income - if applicable).
• Remind caller to arrive 15 to 30 minutes before scheduled appointment to complete paperwork.
• Remind caller of cancellation/no-show policy.
• Answer questions and offer other information, as requested, to provide patient-focused service and a positive impression of the organization
• Act as a liaison for the patients and the Practice.
• Direct calls to other departments as needed.
• Use sound judgment in handling calls, especially with upset patients.
• Understanding of when to escalate calls to physicians/practice manager/triage nurse.
• Service patients
• Make reminder calls as requested.
• Make calls to reschedule appointments when necessary.
• Provide assistance with mailings, scanning and other projects as call volume permits.
• Other reasonably related duties as assigned by supervisor or manager.
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
• Ability to communicate effectively on the telephone.
• Ability to relate to persons with diverse educational, socioeconomic, and ethnic backgrounds.
• Ability to handle a "call center" environment: work quickly and multi-task.
• Ability to exercise good judgment to handle calls appropriately.
• Ability to demonstrate good customer service.
• Associate's Degree or related healthcare certification preferred.
• One year of experience in customer service and/or related clinical environment; working knowledge of medical terminology.
Please view our websites before applying: http://www.maidenlanemedical.com/